- This event has passed.
Law Seminars International Presents: The 8th Annual Seminar on Wine & Liquor Law – New wine and liquor regulation, enforcement and business trends
February 14, 2017 @ 8:00 am - 5:30 pm
In conjunction with The Vancouver International Wine Festival
February 14, 2017
Why You Should Attend
The Eighth Annual gathering of wine and liquor industry professionals continues with topical and vital content for 2017. We will provide a review of BC’s new Liquor Control & Licensing Act as well as its accompanying regulations, review the new legislation’s effect on industry and local government, discuss wine labeling requirements and related issues, provide an update on cases dealing with interprovincial shipping, and the effects on the industry of national trends in liquor law reform. The program will bring together experts from a variety of perspectives and disciplines to share their experiences, challenges and stories regarding regulatory reform.
Don’t miss this annual gathering of the region’s leading wine and liquor law professionals. Join us for valuable discussions about the industry, as well as the wine tasting reception moderated by Sid Cross following the seminar.
~ Mark Hicken of Vintage Law Group and Christopher S. Wilson of Norton Rose Fulbright LLP, Program Co-Chairs
What You Will Learn
Canadian wines are in the wine festival spotlight this year and we’re pleased to be widening the scope of the program to include national and international developments affecting the Canadian wine and liquor industries as a whole.
Topics will include:
- Update on national wine industry and alcohol policy trends
- Liquor policy and enforcement in British Columbia
- The potential for easing interprovincial shipping restrictions: Updates on court challenges to restrictions and policy initiatives
- International developments affecting export prospects for the Canadian wine industry including the Trans-Pacific Partnership and new developments in international labeling regulations
- Practical tips and strategies for BC wineries in response to new developments
What Attendees Have Said About Similar Programs
“This is a really great program with timely relevant information.”
“Looking forward to next year’s seminar.”
“Excellent faculty and great information shared. Thank you”